Tarvitsen paikallisen oppaan...onko vapaa ehtoisia

• 1 / 4
  • miia-in-oz
  • 5.10.2006 13:47
Palaan suomeen yli kymmenen vuoden poissa olon jalkeen. asun austraaliassa eika mulla ole hajuakaan etta mita siella suomessa tapahtuu, minne kannattaa menna yms. joten tarvitsen apua kunhan ma sinne viimein ensi tammikuussa saavun. haluan tsekata kaikki hesan menopaikat mutta yksin olisi orpo olo, ja suomen kieli on mulla myos hieman kankeaa.. voisiko joku mua auttaa??? :)
  • 2 / 4
  • Sutty
  • 5.12.2006 20:24
Onpa jännää. Tuskin edes muistan minkälainen Helsinki oli kymmennen vuotta sitten...:) Oletko ihan palaamassa kokonaan Suomeen vai lomalle vain? Missä asuit Australiassa?
  • 3 / 4
  • tikru76
  • 6.12.2006 13:02
Millaista seuraa haet, kin hesaa pitää esitellä? Onko sulla jokin paikka jossa haluaisit käydä.. Ei tuota ongelmia englannin puhuminen. Ota yhteyttä jos haluat tutustua muhun..
  • 4 / 4
  • Rain
  • 26.12.2006 3:53
Huh, I do not envy you.. I returned from overseas after an almost 20 year absence, and I lived about 7 of those years in Australia...it is five years later now, and I still feel occasionally that I was mad to return, until I turn on the news...that is...

I think you will find most people here eager to help you, but I think you will also find it damn confusing, your Finnish background notwithstanding... I was not a small child when I left, I had been here for many years, and my father is Finnish, but culture shock was and sometimes is, inevitable. It all depends on how much you have become Australian, but even so, I think aside from the winter, and well life's little fun things, it is not more daunting to be here, than anywhere else... Helsinki is a proper city, but it is small by comparison to major Australian cities...

You obviously speak the language, but even if you did not, most people can and will speak English with you...

The one major problem I have had since I returned, is having people take my qualifications seriously, but that could have to do more with the fact that I live in the boonies, in Helsinki I am sure they are more used to a more international way of doing things, so foreign qualifications and education are not so impossible to communicate.

Good luck!